Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ready for What Comes


It took me a little while to get here. But that's okay. I feel a new wave coming.

My journal entry on December 16, 2007:

I was in an antique shop a few weeks ago in the record section, and the old radio next to me was playing christmas songs and oldies. A raspy voice spoke through the little box, "And here's Mollie, she's studying story telling... lets hear her tell us a story..." I think thats when I told myself. I want to tell stories.

I remember that day. I freeze in the hallway where the chipped paint peels colors and clumps of wood. I hear it and stop for a moment as if I accidentally unwrapped a part of my life that wasn't here yet, just a piece humming in the background. I feel safe. I continue to walk through the shop and the words "you're the yellow bird I've been waiting for" are etched into a wooden table.

This week and for the next few weeks to come, I am applying to get my masters in Library and Information Sciences to become a Children's Librarian. I am so excited about this adventure, but the threat of the "new year rut" can easily sink in when I start the lengthy "to do" list. To avoid this, I am celebrating the little things and focusing on what's truly important. Also, I'm reminding myself that it's okay when things aren't perfect. Simple, I know.. but sometimes I need simple. I blogged more about it here... stop by and take a look!




P.S. - One more off the Life List... volunteer at a local library

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are [like] honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24