Wednesday, May 16, 2012

soapy words


Living and the Dead

This spill of open water,
whose arms extend
the rolling ripples –
the foam and grey collapse.

Transparent layers
above, broken salted stars.
the sky chases the sea,
its lover

that holds the mass water tumbling
hides the caves
in the dark pit of her heart
pumping out the living and the dead.

Endless swirls of wind revered
gushing and booming
a wave of sand and clear blue
brings a storm cloud –
raining crystals in the sun.

My toes dig
deeper into the sand.
I am humbled
by her giving and taking back.

Fractions of light soak into my skin,
I feel the soft grain and stone.
Reflections of moments -
etched into the palms of my hands.





No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are [like] honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24