Friday, November 16, 2012

Stay



Will you stay, God?

It wasn't until that weekend so many years ago that I finally asked the question I was longing to know the answer to. I knew about Jesus and I was in awe of his good news, but there was something holding me back from full surrender.

I need to know if you will stay.

Will you live in my heart and promise not to leave when you see the depth of it all and what really lives there?

Will you make room there and promise not to run when you see every area of my heart, even the dark, lifeless parts?

Today I am thinking of the woman at the well. She was tired of running, tired of drawing water from a well that does not satisfy. She heard him say "living water" and it was that simple.

Will you give me this living water?

He told her everything about her life: the dark, the broken, the secret. He knew her. He assured her of the gift he was still offering, even in the midst of her brokenness. He promised to stay, and it was enough.

           ----------------------

#FiveMinuteFriday is a sort of writer's mob. Every Friday over at Lisa-Jo Baker's Place we link-up our five minute posts on one shared word. This week's word is STAY. Don't worry about getting it right, just set your timer and WRITE!

Five Minute Friday

1 comment:

  1. "Will you live in my heart and promise not to leave when you see the depth of it all and what really lives there?" This is my heart's cry too. I've walked with Him for many years, and this is still my fear, that He will somehow see into the ugly places of my heart and not want to stay.

    ReplyDelete

"Pleasant words are [like] honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24