Sunday, March 17, 2013

Hello Abilene


This week I am living it up in an endless supply of linens and continental breakfast mornings -- burrowing in white, fluffy sheets and enjoying complimentary coffee, a workout room and cleaning services. Saturday I traveled to the tiny Abilene, TX to spend some time with A. The past two weeks that he has been gone, we called each other and talked about how there wasn't a whole lot going on or keeping me from seeing him. I struggled with weighing my commitments in Houston to sharing a week with him. Once we discovered that we were going to be apart two (or more) additional weeks and found a willing friend to take care of the animals, we both felt like it was important to see each other. Before I knew it, I was jumping in the car with my coffee and favorite podcasts for a six hour road trip!

I plan on being a "trailing spouse" this week -- living the hotel life and spending my evenings with my husband. But I also plan on making the most of my time in a new, quiet space. I brought a crazy ambitious pile of books, plenty of empty notebooks for writing, and my bible. I'm so excited to sit out in the sun by the pool and spend endless hours in bed reading, praying, and really focusing on this opportunity to learn scripture. I'm also hopeful that I will be writing and working this week, and I am so thankful to have a job that gives me the freedom to work anywhere. Lately, I have been overwhelmed with just how blessed we are as a family. Writing it all down in my gratitude book! 



Goals for this week:

- work out (while I have access to that elliptical!)
- seek out more writing niche freelance opportunities 
- finish some (wonderful) books
- read and meditate on scripture
- catch up on some great sermons
- get organized with my editorial schedule
- write, write, write!
- be incredibly thankful

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a heavenly 2 weeks are headed your way! I absolutely adore spending all my time in the Word and with words. Which is odd if you knew me more than 3 years ago. ;-)

    Found you via {in}courage. Stop on by sometime and say hi if you like!

    https://www.facebook.com/carrieisblessed
    http://pinterest.com/CarriesBlessed/
    https://twitter.com/CarrieisBlessed

    ReplyDelete

"Pleasant words are [like] honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24