Thursday, May 9, 2013

High School Ministry


I close my eyes and it all slips past me. I'm convinced the words won't surface, that a new day will come and go and I won't really listen. But then I get a letter in the mail and it reminds me of who I am and the skin I live in. I run around my car at a red light in the dark with three laughing high school girls because they make me feel young and forgiven. They are so much more than they pretend to be. I want to tell them not to hold onto burdens because there are more red lights to dance at and they won't be red forever. And when I come home, I listen to a story about broken bottle eyes and humming live wires. She's got wrath and cutting beauty - and it's never enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are [like] honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24