Monday, February 11, 2013

What's Been Going On

Happy Monday! Today I am lucky to spend a slow, comfy morning with A and drink coffee snuggled by a kitty. I guess you could say it doesn't feel like Monday... and that is a good thing since it's rainy and grey out there. So today, I plan to do some sewing, writing, and insane amounts of laundry. I'm also reflecting on where we've been the last few days -- physically and emotionally. Jesus can teach you a lot in the "unknown" times, and I am thankful that even when I am faced with my rebellious heart, God calls us to understand that He is greater, and that He will never reject or forsake his children. Whew. That's one to hold on to, isn't it? 

Here are a few pictures that describe -- more or less -- where we've been lately, and the things that we hold on to during this waiting period. 

Aaron traveled this past week and I was reminded of what a blessing it is that he's been working from home a lot lately. I'm clearly not the only one in this house that misses him while he's away... 
We decided to get some fresh air and camp with our hound dog. Even though we were about an hour away from our home, I needed those trees and campfire cooking. Every now and then, it's important to leave the city and smog and just lay in a hammock. Looking up at a beautiful design of trees and night sky will do wonders for your spirit. 
If you ask what's been going on lately, there isn't a lot to tell. It's been pretty uneventful in my life, and that's because so much has been going on in the heart. I told you about this strange waiting season and how exhausting it has been to realize my control issues. Well, God's truth has been slowly chipping away at my calloused heart, and occasionally it's more like a heavy chunk of truth. In this particular devotional time, He didn't hold back. 
Here are the words I read: 
"Consider the lilies of the field.. They grow where they are planted. Many of us refuse to grow where God plants us. Therefore, we don't take root anywhere. Jesus said if we would obey the life of God within us, he would look after all other things. Did Jesus Christ lie to us? Are we experiencing the "much more" He promised?" 
- My Utmost for His Highest
I hope the words I read stir a similar passion and diligence in you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are [like] honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24