Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Letters: Good Vibes

Dear Houston, when you give me weather like this, it's hard to complain. Thanks for giving me tank top weather in February. I have to admit, I've been a whiny pants about not having fall and winter. But looking at what the weather is like elsewhere, I realized I'm okay with this. Dear five y/o Elena, when you told me I looked like Katy Perry and my place was like Santa's house, you looked pretty cute. I think it's safe to say that neither of those things are true. I also secretly love that you take pride in your baby chub. Declaring that you have sausage legs with a grin on your face makes you one special little monster. Dear eight y/o Sofia, telling you that my days as your nanny are numbered was so sad. I'm glad we got to have a goodbye fort party and take best friend oaths. Leaving my little tree climber and sausage girl is bittersweet. Dear new writing job, I'm ready for you, and I'm coming for you. I know being a copywriter and working from home will be challenging and fun. Being able to write all day with a cat in my lap is a dream come true, so cheers to you! Dear husband, you are my heart and you know me too well. Instead of buying me flowers you brought home sushi. Seriously, how did I get so lucky? Girl Scout cookies, too? I love how low key we are together. Dear sewing machine, you are pretty complex and I like that. I can't wait to finish our projects... I really think we've got a good thing going on. Dear sister(s), all of you are coming to visit so, so soon! I cannot wait. I did a happy dance thinking about how much fun we will have together. Thanks for dropping some serious cash to come see us. PARTY TIME! Dear Zoey, you're adorable when you bask in the sun. That is all. xo

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are [like] honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24