Monday, February 18, 2013

Routines


As I settle into a new writing gig, I am determined more than ever to get into a good groove. Not just an efficient work space, but an organized cleaning schedule, workout routine, meal planning, etc. Of course time management is a fine line; we always want to make room for spontaneity, ministry opportunities, and more importantly: we don't want 'the busy life' to get in the way of rich, creative living. 

That's why I want to be diligent and efficient with my time. I want to work hard in my job so that I produce quality writing. Not just to write well, but for the Glory of God. I want to plan well so that I have more time to be in community, to be in ministry. I want to separate work and life so that I can spend rich evenings with my husband. I want to make a schedule and hold myself accountable to doing and learning things that stretch and grow me: sewing, reading, biking, writing... cultivating relationships. I don't want to let go of hobbies because I'm too tired or I don't make the best use of my time. I want to be a good steward of God's money. What does all of this look like? And how can organization and solid routines keep us open to opportunity and creativity? I'm looking for that balance, or rather I should say, everything to be centered around my King Jesus. Because when I strive to make my life balanced, I end up compartmentalizing my life and my faith. No more of that, am I right? 

Anyway, here are a few internet finds that I am excited to make/implement in my life. I'm sure some will work better than others, but maybe you will find them helpful in making the best use of your time. Also, if you have any tips on creating routines or organization methods, let me know in the comments!



Speaking of routines, I found this interesting blog about the daily routines of famous writers. If you're a writer, you'll enjoy reading this. 

1 comment:

  1. Blessings upon your new writing adventure. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete

"Pleasant words are [like] honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24