Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Recipe: Chicken and Rice Casserole

Hello, hi!

If you're expecting a 750 word post this morning, I'm sorry to disappoint. I'm the first to admit when things get a little crazy and overflow into the blogging world. And yes, that's exactly what's been happening around here! As soon as I adjust to all of the "change" I plan to start up my morning pages again. Unfortunately, excuses have been jumping out at me from my journal.

In the meantime, I had to share this delicious casserole recipe Aaron and I made. We decided that on Sunday afternoons, we are going to try to make a habit of cooking up some big, yummy dish and use it for pre-made lunches throughout the week. So far so good, although it does require quite a lot of Tupperware and fridge space. ;) 

You can find this wonderful Chicken & Rice Casserole Recipe via Cooking Light's list of 75 Healthy Casseroles
Eating more left overs and striving to do more planning/prep work when we cook is a part of our frugal living efforts this month. We're also trying to make it fun on those heavy cooking days by listening to music in the kitchen or watching a good show while we peel carrots. A bit of advice though if you plan to make a meal just to store for later meals: don't make it when you're hungry. It's really hard not to eat your lunches for the week when it's 7:30 at night :)

Do you have any good casserole recipes or meals that you cook and store for later? What's worked best for you when it comes to time and money? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Also, don't forget to love your local library by checking out some cook books. I'm guilty of using Pinterest and blogs rather than supporting print cook books. There's nothing wrong with Pinterest or finding recipes online, but we should all continue to fight the good fight in saving our libraries. Plus, there's really nothing better than holding that book in your hands. Am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are [like] honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24