Monday, October 21, 2013

When Friends Come to Town

Why, hello! It's been a while. October has been a crazy month... Aaron traveled some and I feel like I've been in a constant state of 'catching up.' Even though we both feel a little all-over-the-map, it's been a good month with quality time spent with friends and family. It's the little things that I've enjoyed the most, like finally finding my favorite coffee spot, learning more about people in Winter Park and their stories and running by the lake at sunrise. There are a few 'to-dos' in the back of my mind that I know will keep me busy, like finally organizing my closet or learning how to drive somewhere other than Whole Foods, Publix, church and the dog park. For the most part, though, we're pretty settled -- and it's nice... really nice.

Our sweet friends came to visit last week and it was such a treat to spend time with them. When you're falling in love with a new home, you start to take pride in showing people around your new place. We're so thankful to have friends who love us and are willing to let us drag them all around town. The weekend was full of delicious food, coffee, lake and pool-side fun and one sweaty stroll around the arts festival near our house.

Oh, did I mention it was full of sweet pups, too? 

We're saying goodbye to October by celebrating our dear friends Tracy and Win. They are tying the knot this coming weekend, and we are beyond excited to go back home to Raleigh to celebrate these beautiful people. We may not want to leave when we get a taste of that sweet, crisp, North Carolina weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are [like] honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24